Wednesday, August 13, 2008

belief in ingredients

ok I can't believe I have missed so many days, so I am going to attempt to catch up for the rest of the week.

On thursday of last week. I made a mistake I have made many times and yet I keep making. I had some lardo- essentially smoked pork fat, bacon without the meat. When I was a kid we used to keep some in the freezer and slice of razor thin slices on brown bread, for soem reason this is delicous on finn-crisps.

I also had some ham left over I had been craving carbonara, probably because I was on a Madmen marathon and the music credits pop-up with David Carbonara. So I used this delicous, high quality lardo in place of the proscuito, ham and fresh eggs, and some cream, but then I used this terrible gritty pre-grated parmesan. and it pretty much ruined the whole thing. I had been thinking abotu this luscious creamy dish for days.

I should have waited till I had the good stuff.

No comments: