Wednesday, August 27, 2008

favorite food tour stop one - i scream.

My Portland friends have been in town. They love food as much as we do so the list of must-eats is easy to assemble but hard to manage. I want to so badly to have them try EVERYTHING. But you can really only have 6 meals in a day right?
so I am focusing this week. - or what is left of it on my continously changing favorite things in San Francisco.

So much has been written about Bi-Rite salted caramel ice cream so no-one will notice if I write a little more.

The texture is perfectly smooth, no rough bits as your tongue glides over the spoon. It melts into sauce on your tongue. The creaminess is a veil not a cloak. It caresses rather than coats.

It is sweet, but the sweetness is clean and soft. The slight bitterness comes later after the sugar has disapeared as for the salt, you do not taste the salt, it just keps the sugar clean.

And it only takes me 25 minutes to walk there.

No comments: