I have tried to keep up with this blog twice before. But now I have made a commitment to myself to write for ten minutes a day. I wanted to write today about how that exercise is going. First off it's really fun. There is always lots to talk about and ideas inspire other ideas and i have pages of scribbles about future topics.
The blog format for me has a few big advantages. 1st off it's easy to share with others. It's also easy to accomplish the writing itself, the software makes keeping up with posts , having photos, and having a time stamp effortless.
However it poses some major problems as well. I have sent this blog to friends but have asked them not to link to it. I wanted to keep it an exercise. I wanted it to be about practicing writing not about having an audience I need to communicate with. My grammar is atrocious, and of course it is hard to write, you have to get good and it's hard to get good at something unless you are bad first.
However the thing about a blog is that it is a product. And I did not want to create a a product, figure out it's focus, its' market etc... Now that I have shared it with a few others. I keep thinking about them when I write whether they will find it useful, what they will think of the writing or the photographs. How they will think of me and of my future. SO my ego got in the way a little bit.
So I am determined this week to return to just writing about what interest me, we will see what the blog will become in the coming months. But for now it is just an exercise in writing about food.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment